Dominos


I stand square, fixed to the floor
I stand, impatient, straining, bored.
I stand waiting seeing only the next board.
My vision so limited backwards and forward.

I cannot turn my head, but my busy mind.
In my peripheral I see a hand that isn’t mine.
I see many others waiting standing in a que,
Wearing black or white with spots of an opposite hue.

Then I start demanding, trying to cut in line,
All the other things I could do with my time!
Ridiculous it seems to me, I’m expected here to wait.
Staining hard I long to run my own pace.

Still Im fixed, paralyzed,
All but my wandering wild eyes.
I could go here! That would be great!
Imagining escape, a fairytale plan I create.

Planning things as I wait,
Dating ideas that I will never mate.
Life so fixed by the hand in the sky.
My destiny made when I put in his hand, mine.

So I stand here and wait.
I pretend and I fake
Like I was someone else
And roaming free my gait!

Is He finished now?
I think I heard a sound.
Striking like a gun,
Hurrying like a run.

I hear the echo as the first domino bows,
And so I expect my end to come now.
You fall early in the game
Ending all your dreams of fame.

The first domino falls
A millisecond begins it all.
Years of careful plan
Hours of steady hand.

A slap on my back
I tumble headlong, crack!
Multitudes touch
The end enough.

Lydiangeline
November 2017




Comments

Popular Posts