clothe me



Put me in clothes for which they’ll bid.
When I am dead, when I am hid.

Give me some words for which they’ll fight
When I have gone and left this life.

Give me some wisdom, which they will quote
When they go to make their vote.

Give me some hands, some arms, some feet.
To spread out wide and welcome defeat.
Give me some flesh to sink down deep
That will rise again your new day speak.

Give me some walls to walk right through,
Give me some walks, to walk invisible too.
Give a sky shining and blue, some clouds
To go and rise up through.

Return me to where I have come
Return me to walk with the Sun.
So I will have to give someone
When I have gone where they cannot come.



Lydiangeline
march 1, 2019

Comments

  1. Yes, that is how it is. His life becomes our interpretation. Only he and his God knows the truth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts