Maker, Maker

Maker, maker,
            What will you make?
Taker, shaker,
             That I can break?
Fakermaker,
              I can but fake.
All that I work,
             You did create.

Why do you make again,
What I do break again?
I try but fake again
That it was, when it wasn’t my hand!
I counterfeit all your design
I stamp on it and call it mine!

I sing how great I art,
As I paint your colors in the dark.
Yours the canvas and brushstroke.
Yours the strength that beauty bespoke.  

Building with blocks I did not mine
For a tall tower my name to enshrine.

You break me down,
Take down my tower.
And make my name through my last hour
A monument on which cold rains shower.
Your stone grinds down a man
Dry bones return to sand.

Maker, maker,
           What will you make?

This sandstone forgotten
Stands over this grave.
How engravings do fade
And colors turn grey!

Yet your name remains.
So maker, maker,
Make me again.
So that I may sing your praise
And give to you my accolades.

May I never be so great.
May I never earn your fame.
May my grave not bear my name.

If we have any skill
Then we have ought to say
Be it according to your will
And all for your fame.

March 2019
Lydiangeline

I am the Lord; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols. ‭
Isaiah‬ ‭42:8‬ ESV

And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.”
‭John‬ ‭17:5‬ ‭ESV‬‬

In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”
‭Matthew‬ ‭5:16‬ ESV

Comments

Popular Posts