Deep Waters


My heart is a mess! My heart is a mess!
I flail in deep waters putting you to the test.

Though solid my anchor, and solid my hope.
Sinking my ambitions, and sinking my boat.

I flail in deep waters though I should remember to tread.
The shock of the cold has consumed me with dread.

Strong are the arms wrapping my head.
Panicked I think it the grip of the dead.

I flail in deep waters, I fight with all my might.
Spreading my fingers I claw for the light.

Life is in the light, though perhaps through death I strived.
I rest in deep waters, not sure if I’ve survived.

I feel the arms still around me, warm and dignified.
Comforted I am trusting that I am yet alive.

But what is this I am breathing?
And who is this in whom I hide?

Lydiangeline

November 2017

Comments

Popular Posts