As I walked the wood

I walked the wood

As I often do

With open eyes

With open ears

I sought some clue

God who are you?

I looked for some wisdom

That creation would show

Like diligent ants in spring

Preparing for winter’s snow


I walked the wood 

It was still

It was quiet 

Until a near miss

My foot and a mound


What was it, you ask 
That allowed me to pass
My gaze directed down 
From lofty trees and bird dreams

Alerted I was by a multiplus buzz!

Redirecting my step

What a choir full sung

Over a low hill of dung

I hurried past reviled

Then sorry, 

I smiled

Thanking God as His child

For flies


How they purpose given

Though oft held in derision

In such lowly position

Feast in oblivion on a treat of feces


Were I that naive

Of what others think of me

Would I likewise supremely happy be?

Feasting day by day 

On what others throw away

As if I never knew it was not meant for me. 


7 June, 2023

Lydiangeline


Comments

Popular Posts