We Are all Human

In light of recent political uproarings, a reminder of the true roots of our humanity:

We Are all Human

I am made of dust,
Like all metal, I rust.
As the aspiring politician corrupts,
So also, I.

Grass dies and no one remembers its past,
The flowers too, will not last.
We all are fading so very fast,
so also, I.

We all wish to be the best,
Like diamonds under duress.
Could Jesus withstand the test?
So also, I.

Winding down creation,
Can you for the duration?
Part of his sanctification,
So also, I.

We only have so many years,
You bottle oh so many tears,
Tempted with so many fears,
You and also, I.

If he was also weak,
Then why should I not speak?
The Father’s will to seek,
Him and also, I

You were determined, even at night,
You stayed awake, you fought the fight,
You could still call 10,000 to flight.
For also, I.

Human flesh torn to confusion,
Nothing helps but transfusion.
He bled out with profusion,
For them and also, I.

You the greatest friend,
Died to free us from death’s trend.
You who made amends, for them,
and also, I.

Jesus risen son of man,
Still with hole in your hand.
You, of all, do understand,
Them... and also, I

Lydia Meier 2011

Comments

Popular Posts