Cotton - Just for fun

Who likes to sew? Design your own clothing? Choose your fabric carefully. If you are around kids a lot those silk may tend to catch on a lot of velcro!
Cotton

Cover me over with kindness soft as silk,
With woolen warmth without reason to scratch,
With linen’s see-through sentiments.
With artificial fibers far from reality,
Acetate and other fairy tales humans create.

When doused in wet, screeching yet,
“I’m melting! I’m melting!”
Then comes the heat and when complete,
“I’m shrinking! I’m shrinking!”

The passion satin holds…
Meets Velcro’s compassion and folds.
Fragile little lace loses next embrace.

I learn to like rather…
cotton.

Until...
first toss into the wash.

“Fraying, all fraying!”
Scream of dread ending in shreds.
First sight of bleach,
“screech, screech!”

Though we patch
It cannot last.
Our fabric is... decaying.

Cotton
Lydia Meier, 2014

Comments

Popular Posts