Limits


I do feel limited. Lord, it's true!
Yet, I choose these limits for you.
I know it's what you would have me do.
Change me that I feel in it no pain.
Help me Love, show me your gain.
Give me vision of your freedom.
Of my liberty in your kingdom.
Help me see my opportunity,
Never only my responsibility
... To free others from captivity.

You have given me free rein,
And plenty of rope.
To tell those chained 
Why I have such hope.
His handcuff was me,
I'm not just bound to cope.
Like the ring on a finger;
The scars on his hands.
This is no slavery
But what love demands.

Limited by Your limitations,
What remains for me but patience.
Driven by Your love for nations, 
I give for other generations.
I do not what I want only
Such selfishness keeps lonely.
Still, with my bent I am discontent,
Pray my selfish way to circumvent.
While others sit in plight, 
I with my comfort fight.

Take strength my warrior friends and stand.
We need not beg but speak, command.
In Him we have no reason to fear.
His heart encloses our heart with care.
Gently He leads with lantern inside.
He does not shove He does not chide.
But waits that we should want His want.
And waits that we should speak not taunt.

I feel limited at times, its true.
Limits worth seeing the unlimited you do.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts