Innocence


Guard your innocence my dear,
No matter how gone it seems.
Choose to forget to replay
Those could'ave, should'ave scenes.

Chose the tender, "I did what I knew to,"
Over the bitter, "What didn't I know too?"
Don't chastise yourself for being young,
Your childish love of laughter and of fun,
Or your trust in others you now would shun.

Stay that way, giggles pure.
Though you know, knowing to revere.
Let life surprise you yet.
Don't assume you know what's next.

Your experience forget.
All has changed which you regret.
All that seems the same and seems a game,
All these rules, the grey hair blames,
They need not be your chains.

With a new day comes a new grace.
Which old scars cannot explain.
Why is everything that seems the same
Suddenly not standing in the way?

Innocent again, I see with eyes anew.
There are colors I never knew!
Can my experience be so few,
That I like a child spew,
"I've never seen that before!?"

©️ Lydiangeline
January 2018

Comments

Popular Posts