“Look and count all the times you thought it was over, says the Lord. 
Look at all of the times you had given up trying...”
And I reply 

“Yes, Look: how I tried and failed to keep it together. The harder I tried the more I failed. 
‘Just try harder,’ They said. And I did. 
‘You are not trying!’ They insisted. 

More visible the strokes
I made
Louder my exertion!
As longer grew the words I used
So stronger grew the crowd’s aversion

‘You’re trying too hard,’ they said.
Just go with the flow.  So I slowed. 
And I flowed. 

‘It’s like the seasons come and go
Like the bird flying south you can’t control!’

‘Just let it go!’ Spoke from every wavelength tuned 
I let go and my waistline grew!

‘Take care,’ they said
So I added care too
And as my weights grew
And the time I took to pump them
So the guilt too
‘Narcissism, beware!’

So I let down my hair
And I relaxed just a bit
And then the crowds cried!
‘Stay motivated!’
And I tried, but crowds are not to be pleased
I’ve only so many tries up my sleeve
So you know... I think I’ll do me.”

February 2020
lydiangeline

Comments

Popular Posts