Shutting Down or Led Around

A more recent writing for you... I usually like to take a few years to decide if I like what I wrote before I published it. But perhaps such perfectionism is less interesting to the reader. So, more recent developments:

Shutting Down

My life flashes before me, I am falling through sky.
What I have done, where, when, and why.
All of my choices, emotions, motivations.
What does it all mean? Why am I here?
What will God judge when I appear?

Have I done well? Have I loved? Have I kissed?
Have I been selfish and totally missed?
What is my mark? Did it hit the bullseye?
Did I forgive all? Did I even try?

Have I given or believed I had something to give?
Have I loved and believed I had reason to live?

Or

Am I shutting down at my turning point?
Does nothing fulfill me and nothing disappoint?
Do I care not for that which rings around rounds?
Or is there still somewhere where reasons abound?

Reasons for reaching and reasons to touch…
Reasons worth reaching for something so much.
Should I examine and should I retreat,
Find reasoning something quite obsolete,
Find feeling worth more and still worth naught,
See seeing as blind and teachers untaught.
Then remains only faith and that in what?
That something is guiding, And I
                                                           following
                                                                                  end not in a rut.

Led Around



LydiAngeline
February 2016

Comments

  1. Nice. Read Romans 4:13+ No law, no wrath, only Christ if you be in him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts