Entitlement


I am born and they title me.
They title me with a name. Three names.
They tell me what the names mean and whose names were the same.


I grew and grow and somehow show the meaning of the names as I go.
I write some books, they grow some hooks and the same names change to gold.


Suddenly this name has fame and they name some names after me!
And then I think, “Well, look at that I’m the Prince and the King and the Queen!”
And then they start to put up plaques and imprint my name on the street.
And then I say, “Oh look at that!” I put on some feathers and preen.


They ask me, they say, “how do you do it that way?”
And I look around and can’t quite think what to say as pleasing has got in the way.
And as I look back, I check in my hat for some tips and some tricks I can play.
But now I find what has come to my mind was not really mine in a way.


As I relive, the gift that I give, was given to me.
And why He chose me remains His mystery.
Maybe He hoped, I would give it and point to Him, not me,
And then, that He is you would see.

LydiAngeline

Feb 2016

Comments

Popular Posts